Course Outline : What You Will Cover
Become a caterer and learn essential cooking skills. This course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals and master chefs. It also allows you to enter a profession with will continue to prosper for as long as society demands food. Students will complete the following units:
Commercial Cookery and Food Preparation
Catering Business Practices
Human Food and Nutrition
Kitchen & Food Management
Planning a Menu
Scope and Nature of Catering Services
Hygiene & Safety in the Kitchen
Working with Others
Vegetables, Eggs, Fruit and Farinaceous Dishes
Bakery, Pastry and Desserts
Dietary and Cultural Needs
How Will You Benefit?
• Fast track your career or business plans into catering & cooking
• Learn the inside secrets of how to become a caterer in months not years!
• Study a catering and cooking course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
• Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
• Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
• Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
• Step-by-step video demonstrations
• Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Whether you work for a restaurant, hotel, resort, or start your own personal chef or home based catering business, you’ll enjoy the excitement, variety, and money this industry has to offer.
Society has shifted towards a culture of eating out. Restaurants and hotel facilities both locally and globally demand competent cooking and catering professionals. This is a profession that will always exist and grow. People will always need to eat out or have catering provided at limitless events and occasions.
Graduating from a Cooking and Catering Course will position you for an industry and profession which has consistently grown each year since 1998. The latest government statistics forecast a similar growth into the future which is sound indication (Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations).
The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the two levels below:
Certificate: represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
Diploma: qualifications recognize the graduate’s capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organizing others in the workplace.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
• Certificate Level – 14 weeks,
• Diploma Level – 24 weeks.
IUC courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
• Completing your course with IUC is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
• The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode : Distance Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance, assessments takes place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle.
Enrolments statistics a IUC reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience :
•Individuals looking to start a business or change career18%
•Individuals already in the job seek a promotion 30%
•Government, business & industry employers 32%
•Military personal 10%
• Home mothers 10%
What will you get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
• All required study materials and course notes
• Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
• Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions
• Student ID card giving student’s access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
• A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion.
• Transcripts indicating units completed
• Job search assistance
Call to Action TextENROLL NOW