Travel and Tourism
Travel and Tourism course has been designed in conjunction with industry representatives and helps you learn the skills you need to succeed within the industry quickly and conveniently.
- Tourism Defined
- The Tourism System
- The Development of Tourism
- Tourist Destinations
- The Tourism Product
- The Tourism Industry
- Economic Issues in Tourism
- Sociocultural and Environmental Impacts
- Tourism Planning
- Alternative Tourism
- The Future of Tourism
- Receive & Process Reservations
- Access & Interpret Product Information
- Sell Tourism Products Services
- Source & Provide Destination Information & Advice
- Communicating Effectively With Tourists
- Setting Up a Tourist Business
Ever thought about making holidays your life? If you love working with people this is the job for you. Start a vibrant and exciting career in travel and tourism! With the right credentials, you can gain excellent positions with the following types of organizations:
- Domestic airlines
- International airlines
- Retail travel agencies
- Wholesale travel agents
- Regional tourist information services
- Tourism marketing consultancies
- Inbound tour operators
- Theme parks and tourist attractions
- Coach tour companies
- Cruise lines
- Conference and incentive travel tour coordinators.
The earning potential of a travel and tourism consultant or manager depends greatly on the level of training and experience they have. Stating salaries are around $35.000 per annum. Travel and tourism managers at the more senior end of the industry can expect to earn $65.000 to $120.000 per annum. Your experience, the size and location of the establishment you are working for will naturally influence how much you earn. (Source: My Career & Seek)
The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the two levels below:
Certificate: represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
Diploma: qualifications recognize the graduate’s capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organizing others in the workplace.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
• Certificate Level – 14 weeks,
• Diploma Level – 24 weeks.
IUC courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
• Completing your course with IUC is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
• The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode : Distance Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance, assessments takes place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle.
Enrollments statistics a IUC reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience :
•Individuals looking to start a business or change career18%
•Individuals already in the job seek a promotion 30%
•Government, business & industry employers 32%
•Military personal 10%
• Home mothers 10%
What will you get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
• All required study materials and course notes
• Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
• Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions
• Student ID card giving student’s access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
• A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion.
• Transcripts indicating units completed
• Job search assistance